What Dental Implants Can Do for You
Missing teeth? Dental implants can transform your smile. Dental implants are metal posts that are inserted into the jaw. They provide a strong foundation for false teeth. Dental implants have made a difference in the lives of many people. Dean Street Dental, which is located in St. Charles, IL, offers dental implants to their patients. Dr. John Isbrandt is one of the top dentists in St. Charles, IL. Read on to find out what dental implants can do for you.
1. Improve Your Look- Missing teeth can affect your appearance and make you look old before your time. Dental implants can restore your smile, improve your appearance, and take years off your look. Dental implants are the next best thing to your original teeth. They offer a way to have artificial teeth that look beautiful and natural.
2. Easier Eating- When you have missing teeth, eating can be a challenge. Our teeth help us break down food for proper digestion. If you are missing teeth, you may have difficulty chewing food. Dental implants can help restore your ability to chew food. Dental implants will allow you to eat all the foods you love with confidence.
3. Prevent Teeth Shifting- Missing teeth can push your existing teeth out of alignment. When you lose a tooth, the surrounding teeth will begin to drift out of place. It can be frightening for patients to see their teeth drifting out of place. Dental implants can fill in the gaps in your smile and prevent your natural teeth from shifting out of place.
4. Improved Speech- Missing teeth can compromise your speech. Even one missing tooth can lead to mumbling and slurring of words. Ill-fitting dentures can also cause speech problems. Dental implants can improve your clarity of speech. With dental implants, you will feel more confident when speaking in public.
5. Stop Jawbone Loss- Jawbone loss is a common consequence of tooth loss. Without dental implants, your jawbone will begin to deteriorate. Jawbone is preserved through the stimulus and pressure of chewing. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that stops bone loss and stimulate bone growth.