Are you ready to improve your smile but aren't sure which orthodontic treatment is right for you? Invisalign offers a few benefits you won't receive if you choose metal or ceramic braces. Our St. Charles, IL, dentist, Dr. John Isbrandt, can help you evaluate your orthodontic options during a visit to his office.
What is Invisalign?
Wires and brackets don't have to be a part of your orthodontic treatment when you choose Invisalign. The system uses clear, removable aligner trays to correct the position of your teeth. Trays are made of comfortable plastic and fit snugly against your teeth. A proper fit is essential to ensure that your aligner trays are virtually unnoticeable and don't interfere with speech.
During your first Invisalign appointment, your dentist will create a 3D image of your mouth using digital impressions, images, and X-rays. The image will be used to design a series of trays that you'll wear throughout your treatment. Trays are designed to be worn for two weeks, then replaced with the next set in the series.
What are the benefits of the Invisalign system?
Invisalign offers several important advantages, including:
- Little Change to Your Appearance: Metal and ceramic braces may be effective, but many people resist wearing them due to concerns about their appearance. Invisalign aligner trays offer the ideal option if you want to straighten your smile discreetly.
- No Adjustments: Metal and ceramic braces must be adjusted periodically by changing the tension of the wires. Although adjustments can be a little painful, they're absolutely essential. Adjustments aren't needed with Invisalign, although you'll still have to visit your St. Charles dentist regularly for follow-up appointments.
- Comfort: Stray wires can cause painful canker sores or cuts in your mouth. Irritation or lacerations aren't a problem when you wear plastic aligner trays instead of traditional braces.
- Convenience: Trays are removed when you eat, brush, and floss, play sports or attend special events. You won't have to eliminate certain foods during your treatment or learn a complicated oral hygiene routine.
- Shorter Treatment Period for Adults: If you're an adult, you may be able to achieve your straightening goals after wearing your aligners for only one year. Teenagers will need to follow the same schedule, whether they choose Invisalign or metal or ceramic braces.
Straighten your smile discreetly with Invisalign! Call St. Charles, IL, dentist, Dr. Isbrandt, at (630) 584-8787 to schedule your appointment.