Posts for category: Dental Procedure
What Dental Implants Can Do for You
Missing teeth? Dental implants can transform your smile. Dental implants are metal posts that are inserted into the jaw. They provide a strong foundation for false teeth. Dental implants have made a difference in the lives of many people. Dean Street Dental, which is located in St. Charles, IL, offers dental implants to their patients. Dr. John Isbrandt is one of the top dentists in St. Charles, IL. Read on to find out what dental implants can do for you.
1. Improve Your Look- Missing teeth can affect your appearance and make you look old before your time. Dental implants can restore your smile, improve your appearance, and take years off your look. Dental implants are the next best thing to your original teeth. They offer a way to have artificial teeth that look beautiful and natural.
2. Easier Eating- When you have missing teeth, eating can be a challenge. Our teeth help us break down food for proper digestion. If you are missing teeth, you may have difficulty chewing food. Dental implants can help restore your ability to chew food. Dental implants will allow you to eat all the foods you love with confidence.
3. Prevent Teeth Shifting- Missing teeth can push your existing teeth out of alignment. When you lose a tooth, the surrounding teeth will begin to drift out of place. It can be frightening for patients to see their teeth drifting out of place. Dental implants can fill in the gaps in your smile and prevent your natural teeth from shifting out of place.
4. Improved Speech- Missing teeth can compromise your speech. Even one missing tooth can lead to mumbling and slurring of words. Ill-fitting dentures can also cause speech problems. Dental implants can improve your clarity of speech. With dental implants, you will feel more confident when speaking in public.
5. Stop Jawbone Loss- Jawbone loss is a common consequence of tooth loss. Without dental implants, your jawbone will begin to deteriorate. Jawbone is preserved through the stimulus and pressure of chewing. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that stops bone loss and stimulate bone growth.
Are you ready to improve your smile but aren't sure which orthodontic treatment is right for you? Invisalign offers a few benefits you won't receive if you choose metal or ceramic braces. Our St. Charles, IL, dentist, Dr. John Isbrandt, can help you evaluate your orthodontic options during a visit to his office.
What is Invisalign?
Wires and brackets don't have to be a part of your orthodontic treatment when you choose Invisalign. The system uses clear, removable aligner trays to correct the position of your teeth. Trays are made of comfortable plastic and fit snugly against your teeth. A proper fit is essential to ensure that your aligner trays are virtually unnoticeable and don't interfere with speech.
During your first Invisalign appointment, your dentist will create a 3D image of your mouth using digital impressions, images, and X-rays. The image will be used to design a series of trays that you'll wear throughout your treatment. Trays are designed to be worn for two weeks, then replaced with the next set in the series.
What are the benefits of the Invisalign system?
Invisalign offers several important advantages, including:
- Little Change to Your Appearance: Metal and ceramic braces may be effective, but many people resist wearing them due to concerns about their appearance. Invisalign aligner trays offer the ideal option if you want to straighten your smile discreetly.
- No Adjustments: Metal and ceramic braces must be adjusted periodically by changing the tension of the wires. Although adjustments can be a little painful, they're absolutely essential. Adjustments aren't needed with Invisalign, although you'll still have to visit your St. Charles dentist regularly for follow-up appointments.
- Comfort: Stray wires can cause painful canker sores or cuts in your mouth. Irritation or lacerations aren't a problem when you wear plastic aligner trays instead of traditional braces.
- Convenience: Trays are removed when you eat, brush, and floss, play sports or attend special events. You won't have to eliminate certain foods during your treatment or learn a complicated oral hygiene routine.
- Shorter Treatment Period for Adults: If you're an adult, you may be able to achieve your straightening goals after wearing your aligners for only one year. Teenagers will need to follow the same schedule, whether they choose Invisalign or metal or ceramic braces.
Straighten your smile discreetly with Invisalign! Call St. Charles, IL, dentist, Dr. Isbrandt, at (630) 584-8787 to schedule your appointment.
This clear orthodontic system could give you results without other people noticing your braces.
Sure, wearing braces as a child seems like a rite of passage akin to dealing with acne or learning to ride a bike; however, if you are an adult who is finally getting around to considering orthodontic treatment you may be less thrilled by the prospect of wearing metal on your teeth for the whole world to see. But what if our St. Charles, IL, dentist Dr. John Isbrandt told you that this isn’t the only way? Invisalign is the subtle way to straighten teeth without others immediately noticing.
How does Invisalign work?
Unlike the metal brackets and wires that you are used to when it comes to getting braces, the Invisalign system takes a completely different approach. Instead of bonding brackets to your teeth a series of clear, removable aligners will be created to cover over your top or bottom teeth. Each aligner is specifically designed based on the treatment plan our St. Charles, IL, general dentist creates. The treatment plan will determine what teeth will need to move and just how much they will need to move in order to get a straight smile.
What should I expect when wearing Invisalign?
This treatment is very different from traditional braces in so many ways. For one, you’ll enjoy the confidence of being able to talk to friends, classmates or colleagues without worrying that they will notice your braces first. The clear, custom-fit aligners ensure that your orthodontic treatment isn’t that noticeable.
Along with being nearly invisible, Invisalign can also be removed prior to eating, drinking, brushing or flossing. We know it’s a pain to give up your favorite foods during the course of your treatment. Now you don’t have to!
With traditional braces, people have to be careful what they eat and they also have to be more meticulous with the way they brush and floss since food can easily get trapped between the brackets and wires. Luckily, with Invisalign, nothing has to change. Just remove your aligners and you can enjoy your favorite foods or brush and floss as you normally would.
Of course, it’s important that you continue to wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours each day to ensure that your treatment progresses as it should. The more you wear your aligners the better. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks, after which it is replaced with the next aligner in your treatment plan.
Don’t let a crooked smile get you down. Find out whether getting Invisalign in St. Charles, IL, could help turn your smile around for the better. Call our office today to learn more!
Learn more about Invisalign from your St. Charles dentist.
The Invisalign System is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without the restrictions that come with metal braces. Rather than metal brackets and wires, Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners that have been custom-made for your teeth. Dr. John Isbrandt in St. Charles, IL, offers Invisalign for a straighter smile. Read on to find out if Invisalign is appropriate for every age.
Kids & Invisalign
Children can need braces for any number of reasons, including overlapping, overcrowded, crooked teeth or a "bad bite." Most dentists do not recommend Invisalign for children because they do not have a full set of permanent teeth. The Invisalign System does not offer the flexibility that you would have with traditional braces and is not able to address many of the structural bite problems that you might find in younger children.
Teens & Invisalign
Invisalign is popular with teens who are self-conscious about wearing metal braces. With braces, there is a long list of foods your teen shouldn’t eat, from raw carrots to popcorn and apples. With the Invisalign System, there are no restrictions. The removable Invisalign aligners make it easy for your teen to floss and brush your teeth normally to maintain proper oral hygiene. With Invisalign, your teen can also continue playing musical instruments properly, without metal braces getting in the way.
Adults & Invisalign
Invisalign is recommended for adults of all ages. You've probably wanted to have straighter teeth for a while, but at this stage in your adult life, traditional metal braces are not a choice you are willing to consider. The Invisalign System offers you the convenience and flexibility to live life without the hassle associated with metal braces. You will achieve a beautiful smile with little interference in your daily life.
Say goodbye to that crooked smile. Millions of individuals across the globe have straightened their teeth with the Invisalign System. Perhaps it's time you joined them? If you live in the St. Charles, IL, area, call Dr. Isbrandt at (630) 584-8787 to schedule your next dental appointment. If you want a million-dollar smile, the Invisalign System is the clear path forward.
Though dentures have been the go-to solution for patients with missing teeth in the past, more and more dentists are recommending dental implants as the ideal alternative. It’s estimated that over 3 million Americans have them, and that number is increasing by leaps and bounds every year. Find out if dental implants by Dr. John Isbrandt at his St. Charles, IL office is the right choice for you.
The Dental Implant Procedure
Dental implantation may sound complicated, but it’s actually a pretty straightforward procedure. It starts with a consultation to ensure that you have enough healthy bone tissue to support the implant. After that appointment, another is scheduled to place the device, which resembles a small metal screw. At this visit, the surgeon thoroughly cleanses, prepares and sedates the area first before inserting the device. There’s a waiting period for the gums to heal and for the implant to integrate into the bone, then at the final appointment an abutment and crown are attached to give you a natural looking replacement tooth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
While other solutions are available for missing teeth, there are a few key benefits of choosing dental implants:
- Long-term results (implants can last for 25 years or more).
- They look and feel very natural—indistinguishable from your natural teeth.
- No worries about the replacement tooth coming loose as with dentures.
- Implants help keep your mouth healthy (the device keeps bone tissue from degrading).
If your goal is to have a natural looking and functioning smile for a long period of time, implants from your St. Charles dentist are the ideal choice.
Are They Right for You?
The sooner you go to the dentist for implants the better the chance that you’ll be a viable candidate. That’s because the healthier the bone tissue in your mouth is, the more likely it will successfully accept the implant. An X-ray can give definitive results as to whether this procedure will be right for you. In some cases, a bone grafting procedure can be done to give you more healthy tissue in advance of an implant.
Get the Final Word
Only your St. Charles, IL dentist can give you the final word as to whether dental implants will be a solution for your case. Call the office of Dr. Isbrandt at (630) 584-8787 today to schedule a convenient time for an appointment.