Posts for category: Dental Industry
Do you need a family dentist?
Everyone needs a dentist they can rely on. A family dentist provides care for your whole family. If you're looking for a dentist, your St. Charles, IL, family dentist, Dr. John Isbrandt, is here to help.
Different Dental Procedures
- Fillings/Dental Bonding: In order to prepare your teeth for the composite, your family dentist will apply an etching solution on the tooth surface, then apply a composite resin that matches the color of your teeth. The composite is molded to the right shape and hardened with a curing light.
- Crowns: A dental crown is a porcelain cap that covers unaesthetic teeth, like cracks, dents, and chips, and reinforces week teeth. Crowns are especially important for severely decayed teeth that have had portions of them removed. Your St. Charles family dentists use a dental crown to restore and protect your tooth.
- Veneers: They're made of thin porcelain and used to resurface an individual's teeth, especially if they're stained, or discolored, as result of drinking coffee, or tea, smoking, chewing tobacco, tetracycline-containing medicine and poor hygiene. They also fix mishappened teeth, like crooked, overcrowded, and irregularly shaped teeth.
How to Care for Your Teeth
Here are a few tips to stay healthy:
- Visit your dentist for bi-annual dental appointments to maintain your oral health.
- Avoid eating hard candies and sugary food.
- Use fluoride-containing products like toothpastes and mouthwash.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that'll help avoid cavities.
- Brush your teeth twice a day by spending two full minutes brushing your teeth and tilting your brush at a 45-degree angle to ensure you remove as much food debris as possible.
- Floss your teeth before bed to preserve your crowns and natural teeth.
- Drink plenty of water to remove food debris.
For more information on what your family dentists can provide you and your family, you should contact your St. Charles, IL, family dentist Dr. John Isbrandt today!
What Are the Benefits of Seeing a Family and General Dentist in St. Charles?
- Children can continue seeing the same dentist for many years.
- Family members can come to the dentist office on the same day and have their teeth cared for.